Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Getting Overwhelmed - 9 Days until Departure

The lists are growing longer and longer. I have a list of things I need to get done before I leave, a list of things I need to pack, a list of therapy and homeschooling activities to do on the trip. Lists, lists, lists. I'm starting to feel more than a little overwhelmed by all I need to get done before I leave. I'm sure there are many things I have left off the lists too - aaahhh!! "Do the next thing" is the phrase that keeps coming to mind. One thing at a time and it will all get done, or all that has to get done will get done. Some things on my lists may not get accomplished like making freezer meals for Mike to help him feed the kids while I'm gone - sorry Mike! Many from church have so generously offered to help while I'm gone, which I know will be a tremendous blessing to our family.

Mike's biggest challenge while I'm gone will be getting Bella ready for dance pictures - which of course are the day after I leave - couldn't have been the day before I leave :( I think he'll need help with hair and makeup - it stresses me out getting her ready for pictures. I know that it will all happen - people will help out and she'll have her pictures taken. I know that overall Mike will do a great job while I'm gone. I'm sure there are many times when we'll miss each other and that we both will have a new appreciation for all the other does in the life of our family. I will miss his regular help with Seth, how he is always there to jump in when there's a meltdown to help stabilize the situation. I will miss watching the sweet moments between Seth and his dad and siblings that take place on a daily basis.

We continue to pray that this time apart and the many sacrifices required to make this happen will result in much progress and growth in Seth's life. Lord - please bring healing to our little boy!

No comments: