Friday, May 1, 2009

One Week and Counting

We leave for the big trip one week from today. I've started packing a few things, marked some of the things off my to-do list and added more things to all of my lists. I've been talking with the friends we're stopping to stay with and am excited to see some old friends along the way. It's such a blessing to have places to stay and generous friends who are willing to host us. The list of things remaining to get done is still long, but I'm feeling like it's more manageable as I begin working on it little by little.

Some friends have been shocked to find out that we are driving such a distance. There are several reasons for this decision. Seth has never flown and I didn't feel like taking on this first alone. Seth rides well in the van and with the entertainment system in the newer van we got last summer I think he'll deal with the trip very well. The treatment center is in a rural area and we will need a vehicle while we are there - renting a vehicle for 3 + weeks would be very costly. And with the generous friends mentioned above we won't have to drive longer than 8 hours in any day.

I'm still working on the prayer card I mentioned a while back and will post that over the weekend. Thanks to all for your support and prayers through this journey! Have a wonderful weekend - I'm going to enjoy my final weekend with the whole family and maybe even squeeze in a date with my hubby!

No comments: