Friday, April 24, 2009

Stories of Hope

I have been blessed to come across many stories over the past couple weeks of kiddos who have responded very favorably to hyperbaric therapy. Just this week I found out about a family right here in central Iowa who just returned from a hyperbaric session and have seen very positive changes in their autistic son. Many of the stories I've come across seem to follow a similar theme. After receiving the autism diagnosis parents pursue numerous intensive treatments and see some gains, but nothing major. Then after hyperbaric they finally see the major changes they have been hoping for. It seems that the hyperbaric oxygen therapy even helps to maximize the effectiveness of other therapies that children were already receiving. And from the stories I've read the gains received from hyperbaric oxygen therapy are maintained over the long haul.

One parent I have emailed with sent me these links to videos on you-tube of their son and before and after video. I was especially intrigued by this child because in his before video he shows some similarities to Seth. The changes are dramatic. Take a look!!
Ian before hbot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h2SLojCr1c&feature=related.
Ian after hbot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDb_CIRg5CU&feature=related.
Obviously this is just one kiddo and his individual response. But it's exciting to see what the possibilities are.

I am working on a prayer card for Seth that I will post here soon with specific prayer requests for the trip. I will continue to post updated requests as time goes by. I have felt impressed by the Lord to ask for a concerted prayer effort on Seth's behalf for this treatment. I believe that Seth will benefit most from this treatment along with focused prayer on his behalf. God is the ultimate healer and I ask that you join us in praying for God's healing hand on Seth through this time. Our departure date is 2 weeks from today and preparations are coming together for the trip. Thank you for your support and prayers!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We are praying! Love you all!