Friday, April 4, 2008

Joining the Blogging World

I've been thinking of starting a blog for awhile and here it is. My purpose in starting this blog is share the ramlbings of my heart and also to give regular updates on our family and specifically on Seth's progress as he fights to overcome autism. I chose the name of my blog to reflect my ongoing passion to seek out truth in many areas of my life. I've been challenged lately through a Bible study I just completed, When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore, to examine the wallpaper of my mind and heart and seek to rewallpaper with the truth of God's Word. This is not a new concept for me, but one that I know I'll be pressing on to accomplish for the rest of my life.

I am on a mission to be grounded in the truth of God's word. I am seeking to understand the circumstances of my life and light of this Truth. In the midst of life's challenges I must hold to the truth of God's love for me and my family. I am on a mission to sow truth into my children's lives by living out my faith very openly and honestly before them. I am on a mission to seek truth in my ministry commitments as my husband and I lead the worship ministry at our church, and as I reach out to other moms in our community through a general moms group and an autism support group.

I am on a mission to bring truth to light about autism and it's causes and effective treatments. God has also given my many opportunities in the past 6+ months to speak out on the issues of autism. Just in the past couple weeks I've had 2 letters "pulished" in local media outlets that speak to my concerns about vaccines and their role in the rise of autism. You will find these letters posted here on my blog. I am a "Mama on a mission for truth" in this specific area with a deep passion to see truth come to light. My heart is to protect children from the debilitating disease of autism and to find effective treatments for the children who are already suffering autism's devastating affects.

April is Autism Awareness Month. Many media outlets are talking about autism. On Wednesday, April 2nd CNN observed World Autism Day by airing segements about autism throughout the day. One of the best programs I saw was Larry King Live. Larry had Jenny McCarthy on, an actress and autism mom, along with David Kirby, author of "Evidence of Harm" and much-loved journalist in the autism community, along with several pediatricians with varying views on the autism-vaccine link. I would encourage you all to log on to cnn.com and view this program while it is still available. A great activity to commit to for the month of April for those of you who are Christians is the Turning the Tide Prayer Thrust put out by Children of Destiny ministries http://childrenofdestiny.org/pdf/Turning_the_Tide_2008.pdf. I believe that our God is a God of justice who desires to protect his children and will respond to our prayers. Please join my family as we pray through this autism awareness month together.

I welcome you to my blog and hope you will be blessed by the ramblings of my heart as I share them here in the weeks and months to come. We thank you from the bottom of hearts for your prayers for Seth and our family and hope this will be a tool to help keep you informed.

No comments: